FTM Forum

Full Version: crash ps server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Zondag lag pokerstars een tijdje down. Heel erg naar voor ze dat dit zondagavond gebeurd natuurlijk, want dat is zo'n beetje het drukste moment.
Ik zat op dat moment net aan het begin van een 180 man 36 dollar toernooi.
De situatie was als volgt; iedereen was sit out op een speler na aan de tafel. Logischerwijs pikte hij alles. Na 3 minuten legde pokerstars alle stil omdat ze er blijknbaar achter waren gekomen dat er iets niet goed ging.
Na een onderbreking van een klein uur ging men weer verder, maar met een situatie waarin iedereen aan tafel rond de 1400 chips had en die ene gast rond de 2400.
Ik heb een mail naar stars gestuurd, dat ik mijn toernooi gecompenseerd wilde zien, daar op elke tafel er 1 persoon was die voordeel had en er dus 20 cuire chipleaders waren.
Het ging mij hier echt niet om die 36 dollar, maar was gewoon heel benieuwd hoe ze dit gingen oplossen.

Ik kreeg een mail terug dat t in behandleing werd genomen en daarna nog een mail met de titel "refund granted".
Zie hier hun mail (ik had ook geklaagd over een andere sit and go van 78 dollar waar ik hu er voor de derde keer uitvloog die avond terwijl mijn internet prima was. Ik werd hierdoor uiteindelijk 2e ipv eerste).

Hello Dennis, Thanks for your email. As you finished in the money in tournament #200883176, we unfortunatelycannot refund you for it. We have reviewed your playing history for the tournament #200906512 andfound that you were affected by our server issues on 4th October. As weconsider you a valued player at PokerStars I have issued a credit of $3 toyour account. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by your disconnection. Please let us know if we can assist you further, and thanks for playing atPokerStars. Regards, Zandi DPokerStars Support Team.

Undecided Undecided Undecided 3 dollar terug gestort. Ik vind dit wel geestig, dus een mail erachteraan...

Hello Zandi,
Thank you for your email.
I am very sorry to say, but this really looks like a joke.
You refund 3 dollar, probably you calculated how many chips were lost and then counted that it was 3 dollar.
Believe me that its not about the money. I play 100+ dollar sit and go's, so I dont really care about whether you would refund or not.
I just sent the mail because I was curious how pokerstars would handle it.
The fact that a refund of 3 dollar is made, is just pathetic. I am sorry to say so.
You cant impossible just count how many chips were lost during the server lag and then make a calculation. Every pokerplayer knows that players who had an advantage of it, didnt only have a 3 dollar advantage, but also a big advantage to end in the money in the tourney.
I think it would be fair if you seriously consider to just refund the whole buy in of the tournament.

The other tournament of course is also very strange. Since I ended in the money I cannot be compensated?
What if the first prize was 12k and the second prize was 6k and got disconnected by a mistake of pokerstars? How can you say then that a refund or compesation is impossible since you end in the money????
Thats a complete false argument.
I am dissapointed in the result of this.
I always thought Pokerstars was by far the best pokersite, looking at service, professionality and of course tourneys.
As said before, its more a principal thing then about the money. I can live with not getting compensated in the 78 dollar tourney where I ended in the money, but I just cannot believe you refund 3 dollar and not the whole buy in of the 36 dollar. Pokerstars should be ashamed of that.
(understand that this mail is not sent to you personally. I understand you are just a representative of pokerstars)

Greetz,
Dennis

Ben beniuwd wat ze terug gaan sturen
oke prima. Daar kan ik mee leven Smile

Dennis, Thank you for your email. I am happy to say that you are completely right, I did not in fact refundyou $3, but $36 (which is confirmed by the account audit). Unfortunately I made a mistake in the email I sent you and instead of $36, Ityped in $3. I agree with you completely. If we refunded you only $3, then you would becompletely in your right to use a few choice words and take your businesselsewhere, but I hope you will forgive me for this mistake and continueplaying with us. Please understand that this was not a PokerStars mistake, but my personalone, and I can only, again, apologize for it. Regards, Zandi DPokerStars Support Team

Hello Zandi,
Thank you again for your email.
I am glad to hear this. Smile
No problem about the mistake, that can happen of course, in this case its just funny Smile
Have a nice day
Greetz,
Dennis
Lol, at Engelands Wink (moet ik zeggen :razz: )

Ik had ook al geklaagd, maar bij cash was er uiteraard niets te claimen :8:
Ekslem Wrote:Lol, at Engelands Wink (moet ik zeggen :razz: )

Ik had ook al geklaagd, maar bij cash was er uiteraard niets te claimen :8:

ik vond t nog redelijk engels. Smile
Bij cash wordt t inderdaasd een ander verhaal, hoewel ik wel denk dat de bewuste hand wel beoordeeld kan worden
Ik had de laatste vaak dat PS niet goed afsloot, duurde en duurde maar. Heb ff gemaild. Mijn notes.XML file was maar lieft 330MB groot, lol. ff onderstaande gedaan en nu is zelfde file nog 220 kb en alles werkt weer naar behoren :razz:
Mss meer mensen die er last van hebben....

Thank you for your email and for allowing us to be of assistance.

When the client becomes slow at startup or shutdown but not during gameplay,
the problem is related to a corrupt XML file for your notes. It is likely
that this file has become too large for your system to handle with ease.

This means you will have to rename or delete the file. To locate this file
quickly please open the PokerStars Main Lobby then click on the Help Menu ->
Open My Settings Folder and finally close the PokerStars software. Within
the folder locate Notes.XML file, rename it to Notes1.XML then restart
PokerStars. This will create a new Notes.XML from your Notes.txt.

Once you rename or delete the file, the client will run normally again. If
you have Notes you wish to copy across we suggest renaming the file then
using WordPad (which is included in Windows) or TextEdit (which is included
in Mac) to open both files and copy over the missing Notes.