FTM Forum

Full Version: Indian Wells 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
was ook geintje.

klagen hoort erbij.
andre Wrote:
Ad Wim Wrote:
andre Wrote:Ik had in mijn eerste team Almagro, maar vond het bij nader inzien een stomme keus en heb hem (samen met Nalbandian) ingewisseld voor Del Potro. Maakt voorlopig ook weinig uit natuurlijk, de ene finalist inruilen voor de andere.
Dit is weer een van je fameuze grappen, neem ik aan?
Nee, dat is echt waar (dat ik eerst Almagro had). Maakt alleen niets uit, ik heb uiteindelijk andere keuzes gemaakt.
Dat van die finalisten weet ik natuurlijk niet, maar ik ben wel benieuwd tot wat ze in staat zijn tegen de toppers vandaag/morgen.
Dan snap ik dat werkelijk waar niet. Dat je dan Almagro en Nalbi had gehad, en gasten als Isner, Ebden, etc links had laten liggen.
Tampie dacht natuurlijk net als BigBossie dat het op gravel was :-)
Stille Wrote:Tampie dacht natuurlijk net als BigBossie dat het op gravel was :-)

Je bedoelt andre?
Tampie dacht dat het gras was :8:
:Big Grin
Roun up van de afgelopen dag:

World No. 2 Rafael Nadal dismissed No. 21 seed Alexandr Dolgopolov 6-3, 6-2 at the BNP Paribas Open Wednesday to reach the quarter-finals.
Nadal, the Indian Wells titlist in 2007 and 2009, saved all five break points he faced to improve to 3-0 against the Ukranian. All of their meetings have come at ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events.
The Spaniard is aiming to win his first title of the season, having finished runner-up to Novak Djokovic in the longest Grand Slam final at the Australian Open. The 25 year old will look to advance into the semi-finals for the seventh consecutive year when he squares off against David Nalbandian in the final eight.
Nalbandian rallied to defeat sixth-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 3-6, 7-5, 6-3 in two hours and 19 minutes.
Tsonga served for the match at 5-4 in the second set, holding match point before double-faulting to hand Nalbandian the break back. From there, Nalbandian took command, winning all 12 of his first serve points in the final set to secure his first win over the Frenchman.
The Argentine is 2-3 versus Nadal, having dropped their past three meetings, all on hard courts.

What began as a cakewalk for Novak Djokovic turned into a challenge, with the World No. 1 required to work hard for a 6-0, 6-7(5), 6-2 win over unseeded Spaniard Pablo Andujar in fourth-round action Wednesday afternoon at the BNP Paribas Open.
The defending champion blitzed through the first set in under 30 minutes, but came under pressure in the second. He saved seven break points and two set points, before Andujar finally broke through to draw level.
Djokovic immediately resumed his lead, securing the break in the opening game of the third set. After facing down one more break point in the sixth game, he broke Andujar for a fifth time in five opportunities, and served out the match at love after two hours and 15 minutes.
The two-time Indian Wells champion will continue his title defense at the year’s first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament against another Spaniard, Nicolas Almagro. The 12th-ranked Almagro convincingly defeated World No. 7 Tomas Berdych 6-4, 6-0 to reach the BNP Paribas Open quarter-finals for the first time.
Djokovic, who holds a 25-4 match record at this event, has defeated Almagro in their previous two meetings.

World No. 11 John Isner advanced to his first quarter-final in the Palm Desert, defeating qualifier Matthew Ebden 6-4, 7-5. Isner won 31 of his 35 first serve points, firing 10 aces past the Australian in the 75-minute victory.
"I felt very good out there and I started very well, but she was also playing tough," said Kerber. "I just tried to move very good and hit the balls deep in the court and also play aggressive tennis, focusing on me. I'm happy that I'm in the semis now."
The American is through to his second ATP World Tour Masters 1000 final eight, having reached the semi-finals in Paris last year (l. to Tsonga). He will take on No. 13 seed Gilles Simon, who topped wild card Ryan Harrison 7-6(0), 5-7, 6-1.
After blowing three match points in the second set, Simon found himself in trouble early in the third set, saving three break points in the third game. It proved to be a turning point, as he swept the final five games of the match to take the hard-fought win in two hours and 55 minutes.
"Those two games were very important, because I lost the second set, which I thought I had to win. It was tough for me on the court, as he had a good tactic and it was hard for me to win a single game," Simon told BNPParibasOpen.com. "I knew I had to hold serve, because I believed if I could get it to two hours and 30 minutes on court, I would be good and maybe he would get tired, and that's what happened. I managed to save those two games and go 3-1 up, and then he dropped down, and started to miss a lot. I maybe was a little bit lucky as it could have been 3-1 for him. But I'm very happy because when you lose the second set, it's not that easy to win the third one."
Simon and Isner have met just once, with Isner edging out a four-set win in the round of 16 at last year's US Open, winning three tie-breaks.
"I think it's going to be very difficult," Simon said. "Last time at the US Open, I had some opportuniites. It's a match where I should have been better. I know it will be difficult to be in the same position, but I hope that this time, if I am, I will finish it."

Three-time Indian Wells champion Roger Federer found himself down a set for the second straight match Wednesday, but rallied for a 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 victory over Thomaz Bellucci in the fourth round of the BNP Paribas Open.
Federer converted his third break of the match in the final game to advance in one hour and 41 minutes, securing his 73rd straight win against opponents ranked outside the Top 20 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings.
"I really struggled to make the transition [from yesterday's match]. I was quite surprised, but at the end I found a way, dug deep and came through," said Federer. "It's really important. At the end of the day, these are the wins that sort of almost feel better, to be quite honest, because when you're playing great, it's simple, and it's easy."
The Swiss is looking to win his first title at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden since lifting his third consecutive trophy in 2006. Federer has won 12 matches in a row, picking up titles in Rotterdam (d. del Potro) and Dubai (d. Murray).
The Swiss is looking to win his first title at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden since lifting his third consecutive trophy in 2006. In the final eight, Federer will square off against No. 9 seed Juan Martin del Potro.
The Argentine battled past Denis Istomin 7-6(2), 6-7(6), 6-2 in two hours and 45 minutes to return to the final eight for the second straight year. Unable to close out the match in straight sets, the former US Open champion regrouped in the third set, breaking Istomin twice to pull away for the win.
With the victory, Del Potro improved to 19-4 on the season. Three of his losses have come at the hands of Federer, who took victories in the Australian Open quarter-finals, the final in Rotterdam, and Dubai semi-finals.
Jammer dat Isner-Simon komende nacht is. Morgen zal Nadal-Nalbandian waarschijnlijk de dagpartij zijn en Federer-Del Potro de avondpartij
Wel raar dat het nu opeens weer gesplitst wordt...
Stille Wrote:Jammer dat Isner-Simon komende nacht is. Morgen zal Nadal-Nalbandian waarschijnlijk de dagpartij zijn en Federer-Del Potro de avondpartij

Gewoon opnemen en morgenvroeg de 2 of 3 tb's gaan kijken. :8:
Ik ben meestal om de 2 uur wakker 's nachts dus ik zal wel ergens in de partij vallen. Ga ik gewoon effe mijn nest uit en gooi de tv aan. Niets mis mee zou Gijp zeggen
Overigens is er zaterdag geen avondpartij daar. Om 2100 1e hf en daarna de 2e of er zit nog een dubbelfinale tussen. Zondag is de damesfinale om 1900 en de heren finale er na maar daar zal nog wel een ceremonie etc tussen komen dus rond 22.00 isner-nadal
Ik zie trouwens dat bij de toernooien die voorspeld kunnen worden Düsseldorf ertussen staat, maar die werken in poulevorm (en het is geen echt toernooi volgens mij). En gaan we eigenlijk de Olympics voorspellen? :Big Grin
Scherp atlanta, dat is de world team cup inderdaad en die doen we nooit. Ik haal hem uit het schema.

Olympics vind ik nog wel een discussie waard eigenlijk.
Olympics hoop ik wel!
Dat hoop ik ook. 2x Wimbledon :-)
Olympics kan zeker. Puntenverdeling is al bekend en is gewoon een normaal schema.
OS hoort er gewoon bij lijkt me.
Ad Wim Wrote:Ik heb trouwens eindelijk eens m'n fotootje veranderd.
Naar een van mijn favoriete Nadal-momenten. Zie hier voor de uitgebreide versie:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABY0BR8d_z0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABY0BR8d_z0</a><!-- m -->

Mooi hoor. De mijne was ook toe aan vernieuwing; 2 van mijn sporthelden in 1 avatar Smile
Isner voor het eerst gebroken dit toernooi: *1-0 Simon.
En dan van *3-2 Simon naar 3-6 Isner. =D>
Break 2 en 3 betekenen helaas wel 6-1 in de tweede set. Sad
Mentaal beest Isner herpakt zich in de derde en slaat op *5-6 toe. Hakkuh
Volgens livexscores vanavond vanaf 9 uur, Potro-Fed.

Direct gevolgd door Nadal-Nalbi.

Lekkerrr!
Klasse John! Als Nadal het toernooi niet wint, is het toch nog een redelijk geslaagde week.
Zelfde hier, en dan heeft het met het de vroege uitschakeling van Nishikori en Tomic nog niet eens meegezeten.
Ad Wim Wrote:Klasse John! Als Nadal het toernooi niet wint, is het toch nog een redelijk geslaagde week.

Ja dat weten we nou wel :eten:
Isner speelde belabberd...en toch winnen.

tegen Djoko zwaar kansloos.

Wat een loting voor Djoko Undecided
Federer dus nog steeds ziek. Ik heb het maar opgegeven dat ie Nadal gaat verslaan. Laat dan Potro vanavond maar winnen, om een flinke tik aan Scholten en Atlanta uit te delen.
Al is Potro tegen Federer ongeveer zoiets als Nadal tegen Djokovic.
Ad Wim Wrote:Olympics kan zeker. Puntenverdeling is al bekend en is gewoon een normaal schema.

Inderdaad. Ik zie ook geen belemmering om deze mee te nemen (maar ben ook nog niet van alle details op de hoogte, zoals datum eerste en datum laatste wedstrijd bijv.)

edit; hij valt in de week van Washington (start 30 juli).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20